Saturday 25 October 2008

Little Aths & AV Shield Rd 2

A morning of Little Aths, I started with taking warm ups for the Centre and then the U10 & 11s had relays which I coordinated, then over to the U6 group (44 today) for their first 45 minute session.

I just finished the first session whilst the 1500m races started so I watched them from the infield. :) Then back to the On Track program which entailed some throwing a game and then a 100m race.
_________________

After dropping C & D back home I arrived at Aberfeldie in time to go off for a 10 min warm up with a bunch of guys and then I made my way over to the 200m (30.04), a slight cross wind, but honestly I was hoping for sub 30. A quick change out of my spikes, into my flats and sipped on some water and then 7 minutes after the 200m I started the SLOW heat of 1500. I didn't have any expectations and was only competing for finals eligibility, but OMG 5:44 is slow and my slowest in many years.

I then worked as a helper for 50 minutes in the discus cage (what a shit job that is), I watched a few of my athletes compete and then finished off the day with a 400m in 66 sec.

A cool down jog with a few guys & girls.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Hope you weren't coaching from the infield ;)

Wow - I'm ranked higher than you in the 15! 5:38 :)