Thursday 2 October 2008

More 150m reps

Tonight's session is with my slightly older group, but still predominantly girls, well tonight was all female excluding myself. Again I was looking after Burkie's group as he is away and to make it look even more an all girls affair, Burkie coaches nearly all girls too, both of our groups are so similar in the male / female ratio.

After I chatted with all of the kids from both groups and confirmed all knew what was on for the night. As normal I joined a few of Burkie's girls into my group and I warmed up with 3 laps in lane 8 with the only 2 other males in the group of 20+.

Tonight my group with a couple of girls from Burkie's squad we did 2 sets of 5x150m at 400m pace or faster for a few (like me).

We started in four groups of like ability, basically 1 sec between groups, all up there were nine of us. My splits were:

22.5 22.1 21.8 21.9 21.8
22.6 21.9 22.2 21.9 22.6

The rest between was 2:20ish on average and the rest between sets was 6 min. I started at the back of the group and worked very hard for the first 50m to get into the middle of the group and then worked into the front area and sometimes crossed first.

Tonight was a good night to be working with everyone, it was a hard session, lots of huffing & puffing and even a few laying down in between sets (not me), finished off with 2 slow laps. An easy way to make 5km hard!!!

2 comments:

jojo said...

OI mr .."not me laying down"-you said you didnt feel too well after 9 reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ewen said...

Maybe Jo is right - your 10th was the slowest ;)

Actually, your average was 22.1, so maybe the session is a good predictor of 400 speed - 59.0?

Good session. Arranging it as a handicap was a clever way of making some 'fun' from the pain.