Monday 6 October 2008

Gym, coaching

This morning I wasn't excited by the weather and didn't feel the need to get wet so I went to the gym, 2 treadies full and 1 broken, so I decided on the stationary bike. For whatever reason the Barracks gym only has bikes that use imperial measurements....whatever!

I rode for 10 miles (yes I know that is 16k) at an average of 18mph (nfi), which was a good workout, not flat out, but good. I then stretched lower back, glutes and hamstrings for 15 minutes.
__________________________

I met my junior squad at 4:40 (prior to relay training), no tempo run on the roads tonight due to the very strong winds which we would have had to run directly into for 2.5km before then enjoying a cross wind, so I decided 200m reps with a 200m float would be a better choice. As some of my squad arrived at 5pm, this meant I had two groups working at different stages and I ended up doing 16x200 in reps of 38 to 45 depending on who I was running with. Finished off with 50 minutes of relay coaching with the U10 boys, for long term readers, you may remember I coached the U9 boys last year and very much enjoyed the time with the boys and also the medals and great efforts from the boys and I also enjoyed the camaraderie between me, the boys & the parents....BUT I did not enjoy the politics of my Centre and stated I wouldn't be involved again...but due to popular demand from the boys (including Connor) I am back again and I have a Team Manager who will deal with the politics and I will coach. :)

1 comment:

jojo said...

..lol... thats all i have to say...and yes ..you will be back next year... and thats great too@ the BOYS will be happy