Saturday 18 October 2008

Round 1 of the Shield Comp

Busy busy, the story of my Saturdays... thankfully Jo was able to look after K (2yrs) whilst I did Little Aths On Track role this morning, a warmish and windy morning! I stayed late to watch all of the kids from the Brigade (my new name for the juniors) run there 400m, even in the windy conditions, two nearly ran PBs????

GREAT commendable runs to Teagan, Bailey, Elyse & Courtney!


A little bit of dealing of time at home and I easily decided that I didn't have sufficient time to sort the boys out once we arrived and warm up prior to the 800m men's race, so I opted to organise C, D & K before going for my own gentle warm up and then watch the ladies 800m races. I then took the boys over to the 200m area, so I could do my strides etc and then into a strong headwind I ran 30.72, which is the approximate time I guessed, so I was happy actually as I guess with no wind it was a sub 30, I just need to sort my blocks set up.....

I would have been happy enough to just race the 200 and with warm up & c/down I could have just watch, but some how I got 'convinced' to run in the 4x400m relay, oh well, another race in the legs (which will help), it felt ok, no idea of my time.

No comments: