Thursday 16 October 2008

Yay its Thu, some speed work!

The program for the group was 12x150, Jo suggested 2 sets of 6x150, but I wanted quality, so the coach won and the entire group of 8-10 (depending on floaters) did 3 sets of 4x150m. I started at the back and had my watch on my reps:
  • 21.5/21.5/22.3/21.4 (a poor decision & got blocked on the 3rd)
  • 21.6/21.7/21.5/21.5 (took off the spikes after the 8th rep)
  • 22.1/22.2/22.2/21.8

The spikes DO make a difference, as I tried just as hard in the 3rd set, but the times were slower and the shoes I put on where flats and very light, but they are not the same.

A gentle cool down. Happy the legs held up to the session, no achilles issues (I could not have done that last year) and I enjoyed chasing tonight (which I don't normally do well). Some of the ''pro' runners commented that I would make a shit handicapper as I wasn't crossing, but as I said, I need to be able to watch and I didn't want my group takingover the fininshing line... :)


2 comments:

jojo said...

yep it was a tough session-but then they always are

Ewen said...

Interesting about the spikes. Sadly I'm yet to find a spike wide enough to fit my foot.

Good 150s! I'll stick my neck out and predict a 400 PB this season.