Monday 27 October 2008

200m reps and relay training

I arrived at the track and jogged a few laps with various kids and joined the entire group (only 9 today) together and we jogged a lap with skipping, butt kicks, sideways and criss cross with some surges before completing 5x50m strides on the grass.

We then did 8-10 min of strength, lunges, hopping, jumping etc before starting 8x200. I split the group into two, Connor had my stop watch and I ran with the second group. The front group only did 6 reps (2x3) and completed their reps in 43s with a walking 2 min recovery. I stayed with two older girls and we completed all 8 reps in 39 sec (except 1 in 40 and the final in 38).

Five kids from my squad were missing today, all with gastro! It is getting around.
_______________

Relay training for 60 minutes with the WLAC U10 team and then a Western Aths meeting later on.

No comments: