Wednesday 6 August 2008

Sick....

As I mentioned on Sat's entry, I started to feel average on Sat, around lunch, then a long run, which I felt depleted.. Sunday I woke to a very raspy voice, felt a little down, but basically it was all in the throat (which was sore). On the drive home from Warragul I started to get a headache and then by 6pm I felt like a Mack truck had hit me.

Headache, stuffy in the nose, very sore throat, an occasional cough which felt like there was a knife in there and sore in the majority of my joints. Then Sunday I went to bed 9ish (very early for me) and according to Jo I felt like I was on fire, I was so hot. Went to the doc on Mon at 10am, I only just got out of bed (nearly 13 hours), he got me to take 4 paracetamol immediately to get my temp down and then antibiotics for my chest & throat and back to bed. Went to the chemist and by the time I got home (11am), I was ready for another 3-4 hour nap - OMG.

Tuesday was much the same as Monday, tired, sore to cough, tired when I moved around, but between the bed and the lounge, that was my Monday & Tuesday.


Wednesday....yay, starting to feel better, but funnily when I talk to people on the phone, they think I sound horrible, if they had only seen me on Monday. Still not at work, I have cancelled pilates tonights, but I'll play it safe all of this week and I suspect that there will be no running for a few more days. As I don't have any races for a few weeks, I don't think it will hurt in the long term.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon Stu!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Be nice if Jo was telling you you were hot, but not in this way!

Hope you feel better soon!

jojo said...

lol andrew... of ocurse hes HOT-i wouldnt go out with him otherwise...im a shallow little gal ;)

seriously though- i am very glad to see you feeling better stu xox