Wednesday 27 August 2008

Easy running and coaching

It is becoming quite clear to me that my priorities regarding running are slowly changing, whilst I still love running and want to run, but I much prefer coaching and helping others, but I haven't fully decided that my racing days are behind me....but


This evening (before the kids arrived) at the track I ran 13 laps of the track in lane 3 and did some of the 80m strides and some of the drills. The kids then did 6x300m fast with 2 min recovery (tough set).


Note: FINALLY, whilst I know I was injured for a few months and I know I then had to make a slow return, but FINALLY I have run over 1000km for the year, considering the past 3 years have been over 3000km, no wonder I have battled this year.

5 comments:

Ewen said...

I'm sure keeping your own running going is a good example for your athletes.

You can still coach and run well. My example is Kathy, who coaches a small group yet does enough herself to come 28th at nationals!

jojo said...

dont give up racing just yet- i like you to hobble around with me after a race!!!!! and i need you to drive me to all the races too you know ;)

Andrew(ajh) said...

I know what you mean. Seeing your impact on improving others is such a great feeling!

Unknown said...

Hang in there Stu, you've made it to a 1000k....and having had a very brief experience of your coaching when you got me to the end of a sunset series run with an 8k pb, I can see why you love your coaching and that you are good at it to.

Stu Mac said...

I didn't mean for the post to be a retirement from racing, just acknowledging that I don't appear to be doing the work to race, especially for the track, but I am still enjoying running, so I am not intending on stopping just yet.