Saturday 2 August 2008

A long run on a Sat

Sunday will be spent watching 15 kids I coach compete in the VLAA XC Champs at Lardner Park, so I thought I better get my long run in today.

My day started at Jells watching the final round of the APS XC competition and then after an early lunch myself and Jo made our way to the Big Rock car park at the YY. The plan was 2 hours and before we even started I knew this mightn't be the 'smartest' decision, I was starting to get a sore throat and a headache, but I was still going, but thankfully I decided I would take it easy.

We started on a small trail which took us to Rockwell, eventually onto GCD, then onto a trail that has been created for the MTB riders which leads into the Stockyard, the we followed Trail 1 for 5k and then I decided to follow Trail 5 (first time). Lots of hills but a couple of new trails were discovered today and they were both 'keepers'. After leaving the Stockyard trails we followed GCD then at Toynes Rd we moved onto Branding and for the first time I took Jo up Saddleback, I was starting to feel very average by now (1h 35m), once at the top (after walking a fair bit up THAT hill) we ran along Rockwell. I was feeling very average and Jo was all excited on how much she was enjoying her run.

60 minutes later, I felt like a Mack truck had hit me, joints sore, head hurting, throat screaming etc :(

1 comment:

jojo said...

yes..it was VERY exciting(except for the last ten minutes() and yeah- a wee guess-2hours when coming down with something isnt hte smartest thing ever!!!! but hey, i LOVED THE RUN..when can we go again...now?? ..now?...now...lol...cracking myself up