Sunday 24 August 2008

I went to the YY & Troopy went to Beijing

I organised with a lot of the Club runners who venture out to the You Yangs to meet at 7:30 so they could get 90 minutes in and then be back home in time for the OG marathon as we have all run with or seen Troopy run around the YY every Sunday. A great guy, a good runner who has represented Australia many times, but will happily talk to the normal every day runner everyday, not only will he say hi, he actually talks to you! So whilst I know there were better athletes representing Australia in the 2008 OG, I WANTED Troopy to perform better than any other Australian athlete because!!! And sadly we all know it didn't happen on the day and 'shit happens'. :(




But back to me, I had an ok run at the YY, following some of the guys up & down a few hills for just over 90 minutes.

2 comments:

jojo said...

:( i wanted troopy to do better too! but we al know he tried his hardest

Ewen said...

We all wanted "the runner's runner" to do well. Unfortunately for Troopy it was the year that Wanjiru decided to destroy the field.