Monday 7 July 2008

Cameron's 21st birthday!

I wondered if I would feel old today??? I wondered the same thoughts when I turned 40 last year, but no, I felt like me, more than happy with my age, how I look, how I feel and my overall attitude to life!

Happy Birthday Cam, 21 years old and you have grown into a FINE young man!
________________________________

Tonight I met up with Jo and the intent was to run for 20 min or so before I took my young group for a run/training session, but cold wet driving took longer than expected and we only managed just short of 2k prior to getting the kids going too. Rain, wind and lots of cold temperature, lets just say it was fucking cold and really there was no other way to describe the evening. But like all good coaches, I found a way of convincing the kids (only 7 tonight) that they should be running tonight, "it will toughen you up and what would you do if this was the State Champs...."

With light rain and very cold temps, I decided to try and reduce the pace a bit tonight, but minimal breaks to keep us going.

All up, 7ish kms for the night before going to a Little Aths Committee meeting.

2 comments:

jojo said...

i was thinking bitterly cold..but i think your description with the f-bomb is probably more apt

Peahen said...

Dunno if you will notice this comment so far back.....You made me smile with your post here. First happy B'day to Cam (belated) second.....what a beautiful attitude to have. Age is NOTHING in the big scheme of things. Your fit and healthy and if you don't mind me saying handsome and certainly don't look your age. I hope I feel as young as you when my first born turns 21!

XX