Wednesday 16 July 2008

A run along the Federation Trail in Werribee

I arrived at the track just after 4pm, changed and out running 50 minutes prior to the kids arriving for training. Out the front gate (plovers swooping already....grrrr) and onto the Fed Trail in the direction of Werribee. The first 15 minutes my legs felt heavy and not really keen to get moving.

Some nice person has gone along the trail marking out km markers, so a quick check of the watch showed that I went through the first 2km in 4:45 & 4:48. Just after the 3k marker I stopped and stretched my calfs, hamstrings and calf and took off again.

I ended up not taking notice of any more markers until the return, I ran until I hit 26 min and turned and immediately started to increase the pace slightly, but to my dismay a strong wind right into my face, shit, this is going to be harder than I wanted tonight....back to the starting point in 24:50

I arrived back at the track as a few of the kids were arriving, I jogged a couple of laps with the kids and then did only 2 strides (length of the soccer pitch), then coached.

No comments: