Tuesday 22 July 2008

A run along the Yarra in the morning & 5 x 800m in the evening

On the Tan at 6:20am, out of the car in the rain and I jogged for 15 minutes whilst waiting for Tania, I jogged around on the grass where I can loop around and see the cars as they are arriving on the Tan. The plan today was 30 minutes or so of running for her, this would be the longest period of running and I wanted to take her away from the Tan for a change of scenery etc.

We ran on the Tan until we got to Swan St, crossed over to the river and then ran up the Yarra until we got to Church St, over the bridge and then back on the river towards the city. All up 33:48 minutes which included 2 short walking breaks.
_______________________

This evening at the track I organised my athletes and then got into my own warm up, whilst watching two youngsters do 8x200m, I did a few strides and then chatted with the two kids whilst Jo organised herself and Claire for their set of 4x1k.

Tonight I did 5x800m and I wanted to go a little faster tonight (hence why no 1k reps for me) and I thought I might be able to manage the shorter 800m reps. The first 3 reps were by myself and the last 2 I jumped into the Belinda's group who were doing 1k reps in 95.

Rep (rest)
3:20 (62)
3:21 (63)
3:11 (65)
3:07 (62)
3:07 (walked 300m)

Then after a bit of chat I finished up with 2 laps of the track in lane 4 and then one of the infield.

I was happy that I could sit in lane 1/2 and fairly comfortably sit with Amy, Bel & Loren (who was dropping off), good for the confidence and future races..

2 comments:

Ewen said...

A double! Nice set of 800s Stu - pretty short recovery. I imagine even once per week will start to bring the speed back.

Can't wait for Jo's report - 5 x 1k is big. Probably worth an exclamation mark or two.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I reaped the benefit of your positive influence, passed on through Jo as she made me warm-up and cool down properly on Sunday.

She didn't make me stretch though, so you've still got some work to do!