Wednesday 9 July 2008

The Yarra, indoor football & pilates

This morning was one of those runs that I struggled to start with and then ended up enjoying...and I'm not really sure why. The plan was 60ish minute run, but I started later than planned so I started off running and thinking that maybe I might cut it short as I should be at my desk by 8:15ish, but I hadn't started running until 6:55. Then after 10 minutes I was being annoyed by a rub mark, then 5 minutes later I was looking for a toilet, so 15 minutes into the run I was still looking for reasons to cut it short.

After the toilet break I then was considering crossing at the Church St bridge, but the stairwell is currently closed, so I continued on and it wasn't until the 30 minute mark just past MacRobertson Bridge and I noticed that I was enjoying the run and was fighting myself not to continue on, but I knew I needed to turn and make my way back to my car in Sth Melb.

According to MapMyRun, just over 13km in 63 minutes, all good considering I nearly stopped at the 13 min mark!
___________________________

Lunchtime soccer today, only 5 of us in a 6 person team and we won (4-1) and this was a good win, last time they beat us 8-1 and considering they had 2 reserves we were very excited, but VERY tired!
___________________________

Coaching at the track tonight, no running for me with the kids, just lots of direction and watching. W/ups, lots of 80m strides, a few drills and then 10x200m, 40 sec reps for the front group and a little slower for the next group. Then a 15 minute game of 'frisbee footy'.
___________________________

65 minutes of pilates tonight.

No comments: