Thursday 17 July 2008

The gardens & the Tan

I arrived on the Tan this morning at 6:20 (meeting Tania at 6:30), so I hopped out of the car and jogged a 1km course that goes through the gardens, all grass. Back at my car checked my phone for the time and received a text, "I will be 5 min late", so I took off for another lap.

A lap of the Tan with Tania, a PB for her, 23:38. Then on a park bench 15/12/10 steps ups, tri dips & push ups with a 30 sec break between sets. Then 20 walking lunges (both legs), then 2 x 60 sec planks, where I did 'spiderman' planks for the first 30 sec of each effort.
________________________

No training this evening for me, still sticking with one speed session per week, so instead just coaching my squad and looking after Burkie's squad too, but I was able to join the majority of the group together and due to the wind at the track, 300m efforts were the session. Two did fast work in preparations for the PSG, with slightly longer breaks and the remainder did fast endurance style 300m reps with a few seconds of each other.

3 comments:

jojo said...

ummmmmm your track HAS to be THE windiest in the universe...thank god you dropped them to 300's

Ewen said...

No it's not! Calwell is the windiest track in the universe, and the wind blows straight off the snow!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou muchly fer the comment on my journal :) I've bookmarked you now so you can't escape ha ha ha. But seriously, I did have a great time- I'll see you on the forum!

Rugers