Saturday 5 July 2008

WLAC Family Fun Run

The last two years Western Aths have hosted a 'pack' run at the You Yangs, inviting the kids of Werribee Little Aths for a run of 5.5km using many runners from the senior Club as guides and run leaders. Introducing the young kids from U8 upwards, showing them that running can be casual and easy and very enjoyable.

A BBQ afterwards, supplied by IGA who sponsor Victorian Little Aths. We split the kids into like abilities and send them off with leaders who make the kids very comfortable.

Funnily most of the kids either came from my squad or Burkies squad with a sprinking of other kids, so many kids/parents get into their head, no championship points means don't bother, where as the kids & parents from my squad know I see it as a chance to run 5-6km easy and build a stronger body for the Champs in early August.

For me, I ran the 5.5km course with a couple of the U12 girls from my squad, then I ran back to run with some of the other kids, then a trip up and down the stairs to Flinders Peak (352m). An easy day.


Tonight, Cam's 21st birthday party dinner (birthday on Monday), wow, he is already 21!!!

1 comment:

jojo said...

it was a nice day at the you yangs