Tuesday 4 October 2005

Tue 4 Oct, the Tan & a track session

15km so far today and 40km for the week so far

Double up Day, not racing this week, so a slightly tougher week is planned (all going well). So I organised myself to get into the city at 7am and did a 18 min lap of the Tan, which felt very easy, which is good, because if I cast my mind back a few years ago 18 min would have been not flat out, but close.

Track session this evening, arrived at the track just before 5pm, to a fairly large crowd, esp juniors, good to see the tracksters turning up. A few of the seniors either trained this morning or were still at work, but the 'pro' guys were there in force.

I started with 5 laps in lane 5, running the first 2 with Cam and the remainder by myself, then some strides & drills and then stretching. With the running the hills on Sunday and being in the middle of a second big week, I decided that 1k repeats would be more achieveable, instead of the 2k repeats followed by 1k stuff. So I discussed with Burkie either 8x1k or 6x1k depending how I felt after 4. Tonight young Dave was going to train with me and see how he went.

Splits (recover):
3:49 (2:02)
3:52 (2:03)
3:55 (1:58)
3:53 (3:10, toilet break)
3:55 (2:01)
3:52 (walked 500m then jogged 5 laps to cool down).

Not a bad session, was a little leg weary, but was talking & encouraging throughout the session. With warm up, session, recovery runs & cool down this evenings session was 11k's ish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sound bright & running well, StuMac..."everything's coming up roses!"