Monday 31 October 2005

Sun 30 Oct, You Yangs in the arvo

20km today and for the week so far

Well a very easy week last week, will need to get back to my routine, so many things are happening in my life at the moment and most of them are not good! This weekend I had a 4 day break which had some extremely BIG highs and some very LOW lows, whilst I do not want my running blog to become where I type about my life I have mentioned it (& I know what I mean, without saying too much)so I can try to understand why my running took a backwards step for more important life issues, enough said.


Saturday night Connor & Declan stayed at their dad's new house for the first time, so running was not a priority. On Sunday arvo when I took the boys home I drove for an afternoon stroll at the You Yangs, arriving 4.30pm, the plan was to run one lap (14k) and then go home. I moved easily thru the hills and pushed on the flats, nearing the hour mark I knew I was really enjoying myself so I continued on back to the car, rehydrated and then made my way onto one of the horse trails for an extra 25-30 minutes. Ran in just shorts and was drenched in sweat, had a great run without going to fast, as I was aware I had been bludging last week and this week was going to be different, so I didn't want to push to early too soon.

Finished off with 10 minutes of standing stretches.

No comments: