Wednesday 12 October 2005

Tue 11 Oct, track session (1k repeats)

12km today and 35km for the week so far

Arrived at the track just before 5pm, straight away I got changed and did 5 easy anti-clockwise laps in Lane 8 with Dave S, chatting and catching up on the goss. It sounds like Dave will make his track debut this weekend, which will be good for the Club and I think Dave will enjoy himself, planning for the 3000m & hammer.

After the warm up I did 5 min of stretching the calf, hammie & quad then straight into 5 stride thru's, followed by some more calf stretching, then 2 fast 50m runs. Plan for tonight was at least 6x1k repeats @ 92 per lap with Dave. We started 'way' too fast, the first 200 n 41sec instead of 46sec, so a very quick adjustment which seen us do 45sec for the next 200, which was good to see we could adjust quickly and get it right.

Splits (recovery): TBC
3:44 (2:02)
3:47 (2:04)
3:48 (2:03)
3:47 (2:05)
3:47 (2:01)
3:48 (2:04)
3:39 (walked 600m, then 5 lap cool down)

Did the 7th because I was feeling very good, talking nearly the entire time, Dave started to struggle on the 4th, so I was able to convince him to drop to 800s for the 5th and onwards, better to hold form than to destroy himself. I actually could have done an 8th or more but I decided I would finish up, just over the plan.

Weight: I haven't wighed myself for awhile, but I can visibly see a difference, pants are looser and I think i can see a visible dif when looking in the mirror, I will try and find out and log here. My food intake has been ok and only some alcohol, I know I had decided to leave the drink for a few months, but I have had a few, but not too much! :-)


Total kms:I just noticed I have done over 2500km for the year, WOW!

No comments: