Monday 17 October 2005

Sun 16 Oct, You Yangs

15km today and for the week so far

Arrived at the front gate of the You Yangs just after 7am, by myself today, the remainder of the Club runners were arriving between 8.30 & 9am, but I had Connor's 7th birthday party at bumper bowling at 9:45, which was going to be a 'hoot'.

The sun was out and I decided to scare the wallabies and run shirtless and see if I could get a little sun on the torso, always a good feeling. Started with some very heavy legs fro yesterdays race, and they remain heavy for at least the first 20 minutes, remaining on an easy pace. When starting to get to the easy parts of the hills I concentrated on my form and remaining relaxed (esp arms). Today I was very determined that the hills would not get the better of me and I wouldn't use any excuse. 20 minutes later I got to the top without any walking and was moving at a decent pace, once I settled I remained easy until I had been running for 45 minutes and then I picked up the pace to my HM pace for the remainder of the run, which was quite enjoyable.

I finished the GCD in 66:44 and then ran for another 6 minutes along the flat road at a slow pace.


Later in the arvo I actually felt like going for another 30 minutes but I decided that it probably wasn't the best idea. Did a bunch of core work and some push ups instead.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I doubt that sight of you shirtless would scare off anyone, let alone a few wallabies!!

Sounds like a fab run!

J.