Tuesday 22 February 2005

Tue 22 Feb, track training

Today Declan (3) is home because I am taking both boys for a swim test at 4.30pm, Connor (6) will do well well, but Declan has never had formal lessons, so it could be interesting, but he does know the tester.

Training at the track tonight after the boys swim test, arrive about 5.30ish. Straight away I go for my warm up of 5 laps in lane 8 with some drills. Stretch main leg groups and then do 5x60m run thrus. Some more stretching and then 3 quicker 50m run thrus.

Tonight, alot of the squad are either in easy mode after the Open Champs or they are in easy mode because of the Youths this week. I still have 2 weeks before the 'old farts champs'. Burkie gets me to do 700m, 600m, 5, 4, 3, 2, 100m at 1500m pace and the 200 & 100 at 800m pace, with a 2 1/2 min break between the first couple and then 90 sec for middle and 1 min for the 200 - 100. Even though I normally breeze thru this session, I miss most of the early laps by a sec or so, hmmm. Burkie tells me to concentrate on leaning slightly more forward. Finish with 4 lap cool down.

The squad sing Happy Birthday to Burkie, 64 today, a great guy!!!

No comments: