Sunday 6 February 2005

Sun 7 Feb, long run

Today we have the Western A's Annual Gift Challenge, (120m & 1000m Handicap races), whilst I am running in the 1k I have decided that I want the long run in me more than being 1 or 2 sec faster over 1000m. The family intends on going out for breaky so I am up at 5.45am.

Out the door just after 6am and start very slowly, I feel a few sore spots from yesterdays race, top of hammie and quads, but not too bad. I run for 8 minutes and then stop the watch to do some basic stretches. Re start and just move into slow cruise, mind running thru yesterday's race and starting to think about today. I get to Riverbend entrance (start of off road) in 22 min (nearly 2min slower than norm, good). The Werribee River is up very high as a result of the rain from last week, there will be NO river crossing today, the normal spot which is normally a couple of metres wide is nearly 20-30m wide and running very fast. No probs I will remain on the River bend side and make my way to Wyndham Park. Lots of my normal trails are under water and the river is moving very fast, its like running in a new area, the river looks very different. The 40min to 1h mark I pick up the pace to 4.40ish pace and work up a good sweat, the last 20 min is back to a nice cruise.

I run for 1h 20m 6s, lovely morning, little wind and lots of sun, high teens by the time I finished. Limited stretching, but feel good and very hungry. Happy for the run.

No comments: