Sunday 20 February 2005

Sun 20 Feb, You Yangs

Out to the You Yangs again, has become a regular, but there are so many variations that can be included and some bloody big hills that it seems worth repeating the experience. Today Burkie's squad are meeting at 8.15am, a little earlier than norm, to allow him to get back to Newport for the Western Region Little A's Championships (he has a few of his younger squad racing).

I organise with Tash to pick her up at and Cam stayed overnight. A small pack this morning, me, Cam, Tash, Luke, Chris & Aimee (& Burkie walking), a couple are doing the short runs and Luke is going slow today (but still further than me, finished same time as me).

Normal run today for me, from the gate around Great Circle Dve and return, I work the first hill a bit harder than normal and can feel the effects of yesterdays run, but continue on. I know the big hill will be harder because of this work but I want to prove to myself I can do it. Over the big hill and start the decent, I see Lee Troop and a group of 3 others running towards me, say hi and wish him all the best for upcoming races, he says hi & thanks. I finish today's run with Luke and I'm very happy just over 67 mins, could be the fastest but I don't have an exact time, so taking into account the previous days I'm very happy with this.

Finish off with a 1km walk and some stretching and eating of fruit and then off home, to get Tash to her modeling class..

No comments: