Thursday 10 February 2005

Thu 10 Feb, track session

Well my Wed run didn't happen, so there goes 12-15k in the bank. Track session, starts with one slow lap with my 6 year old and then he wants to do a few stride thrus to, he is already picking up the lingo, but after 2 he is ready to go and throw rocks at the rabbits on the other side of the rugby pitch, so off he goes.

I continue on and complete 4 laps of the track in lane 8, some simple stretches and then do some drills & stride thru's x 5. More stretching and a coupleof faster strides, feeling good and coach Burkie has suggested 4x2min with 1 min jog recov, 4x1min with 30 sec jog recovery, both at 3k pace (89 sec per 400) and then 4x40 sec with 20sec jog recov (this will be at 1500m pace, 40sec per 200), each individual set has a 2min jog recov. Some of the youngens are doing this too, but they willbe another 10 min or so, so I go by myself. I complete the session and feel good, no probs, did get the HR going and I enjoyed picking up the pace with the 4x40 sec, funny how a couple of seconds over a 200 can make the difference. I was found this session very hard to complete.

Finished off with four slow laps in lane 3/4 with Luke S & Cam (my son), this being the only time I can run with him. Both the boys are racing in the Vic 3k Steeple Champs on Saturday at 1.20pm, good luck to both, Luke S will be the favorite and Cam has a chance of being a medalist, all depends on the day.

No comments: