Wednesday 2 February 2005

Tue 1 Feb, track session

It is very windy and the temp is starting to drop. At 2pm it was around 35-36 degrees, but now at 5pm it would be mid 20's (at 6.30ish it would have been high teens). Did I say it was windy, bloody windy.

How am I suppose to do long repeats in this wind, I did a 15 min slow jog for a warm up, the wind is making this very difficult. Burkie tells me and a couple other of the distance group that he recommends that doing long repeats in this wind is basically useless and we will be doing lots of short reps. Shit.... not happy, sick of the short ones, I would have liked to run some 5k pacing tonight, to prepare myself for the 5k on Sat.

I have chosen to start with the faster boys, instead of the girls. As per normal the girls are slow getting ready for the session and I just want to get on with it. So I'll work with the boys and just start each rep about 3 sec in front.

12x200 @ 35-36sec, with a jog to the start, we have the wind behind going down the straight, but the jog to the start is hard as we are going straight into it. I finish the session very well, my slowest repeat was 36.6, and my fastest in the first 10 was 35.6, so I'm very happy with the consistency. The boys (3x17yrs) decided they wanted to push the last couple, so the male hormones get going and I run a 32.2 and the last one in 30.?. Finish off with a walking lap and then 4 laps of slow jogging with Luke S.

Then 10-15min chatting and stretching. Good session, but very windy.

No comments: