Wednesday 4 March 2009

Training & then a Squad Dinner

I arrived at the track at 4pm and took off for a 30 min run along Fed Trail towards Werribee, once back at the track I jogged four laps with a few of the kids before getting them into to their drills etc. Then I joined in for 4x100m strides.


The group trained in cool windy drizzle conditions, the set was 4x200 and 4x150 @ 800m pace, I joined in for 2x200 & 2x150.


No General Training due to the weather and also as I wanted to get home, shower, change and get C&D organised (homework) before going out to meet my Squad for dinner. Tonight I invited both of my groups to join together for dinner and invited parents and siblings, all up 62 people attended dinner at Elio Family Restaurant (who have now offered my Squad a sponsorship deal).



Jo took the above picture from a distance with her mobile after my speech to the group, I thanked the kids and their parents for their support. They thanked me with a present, card and a SHORT thank you speech from one of the boys. I gave each athlete an individual letter detailing how I perceived their season and training efforts (well received). :)

A really good night!!!

:-)

1 comment:

jojo said...

the letters you wrote were really nice..well done :)