Wednesday 11 March 2009

An easy 30 min stroll on Fed Trail

Many hours of flex time accrued, so I finished up early so I could re-new my drivers licence and then I changed and ran for 30 minutes prior to training my squad. Just a run to roll the legs over, nothing more, sitting just over 5 min pace according to the km markers.

This arvo was the final hard ish hit out for the juniors prior to their State Champs Sat & Sun week. I split the group into two, the distance group (800 & 1500 runners) and the remainder in the 2nd group. The short group did stacks of drills and short strides with their drills before breaking into 4x100m strides and fast 120m reps with a 50m surge. The distance group did a 1k slow jog around the complex and then 4x100m strides on the grass infield before running a 600m TT and 8 minutes later a 400m TT, tough but short.

I jogged a few laps whilst waiting for General Training and chatting with a friend who is off to Six Foot this weekend, his 12th.

No comments: