Tuesday 3 March 2009

Just a little bit of wind

.....................Well the Vic Police sent me a text explaining the dangers of today's weather, that's how bad the winds and temp were expected to be! The wind was BAD and there is NO other way of describing it!!! The temp, low 30's and by training, about 27.

Tonight's set was to involve 800m reps, well there was no way I was going to do 800m reps, running in the front straight was nearly impossible, I think if I went flat out I would be very lucky to break 20 seconds (& that would only be once). So 200m reps from the javelin run up to the javelin run up at the other end. Clare, Bec D, Jo, myself & Step were the group, we moved away from the front straight and other training groups up to the back straight near the 1500m start; lots of drills, strides and then into the session.

Different paces and distances, but for me, 15x200m with jog backs, most of the reps in 36-37 sec with a couple of 35s near the end. An easy ísh' set, the wind made us feel like we were actually flying.

Four laps of the infield to cool down afterwards.

No comments: