Monday 2 March 2009

Skeleton Creek and coaching

Away from work in time to get home before 4:20pm, quickly change and run at a strong pace to the track, just over 7km along Skeleton Creek and then Old Geelong Rd and onto Fed Trail. I was enjoying the run, little wind and loads of sun, so the shirt off (yes scaring a few).

I was just passing Ballan Holden (about 1.5k away from the track) and I noticed a couple of Burkie's girls on their bikes, they were waiting at the lights, I came along side them, scared them and then challenged them to a race... I quickly crossed the fwy (against the lights)..... :) I could hear Laura & Rachel yelling at me to stop cheating, knowing I had 1km to go I picked up the pace to as fast as I could go after 6k of solid running, crossing a few roads but I knew they were closing, a few hundred metres away they zoomed past me.... :) geeeees I was sweating and enjoying the run.


Once at the track I got my squad moving, warming up, drills & strides as per normal. For the second week in a row I spread my group around the track, Harley (14) with 600m reps, Bailey, Elyse, Chelsea, Demi, Chantelle with 500m reps, a couple at the 400m marker and then a big group at the 300m. The plan is for the 600m, 500m & 400m runners to run the same pace, but different distances; the 300m group of various ages were to wait for the final runner and then to work hard past in lane 3 and move to the front and stay there.

I ran with Harley, 4x600m in 1:55-2 min and then 1x500m (same pace) and 1x400m (slightly faster). A good solid set.

I then ran home, whilst a slower pace, I did discover that this was a tad too much for the day, with yesterdays run and today's set, the final 2k was not pretty....

No comments: