Wednesday 18 March 2009

Botanical Gardens

Minimal running today, the heel is not good and is becoming very apparent that the PF issues are here and need some attention. No arch issues, just heel pain on the outside generally and sometimes the inside. As I'm not a med practitioner and I have never had PF and I'm not sure if it is 'fat pad necrosis' I'll have to make an appt with one said med expert....grrrrr
___________________

Well enough of that shit, this morning I cruised around the Botanical Garden area, some trotting, some very fast walking (not because of my heel). This morning I convinced Tania and 2 others from work to let me torture them in the park... :-)

Lots of lunges, push ups, step on park benches, tricep dips on the same benches, running up step grassy knolls and some stair work (hopping, jumping and running), not forgetting more push ups, crunches and to finish the set off with some front planks, oblique planks, front planks, oblique planks and some more front planks....

I ended up with four sweaty trainees and myself.
___________________

This afternoon was the final session for my junior squad prior to the State Champs, very easy, more talking than anything else, I'm looking forward to a good weekend!

2 comments:

Ewen said...

I'm sure they'll all run well. Looking forward to reading about their races.

Anonymous said...

Ughhh, I hate PF

According to Dr K the pain in the heel is the true PF as that is where the tendon attachment is.

It's such a bugger, a week on the hard core anti inflams usually clears up a flare up when I get one.

Hope it resolves quickly :-)