Thursday 24 January 2008

Still no running

Thank you very much for the comments and emails re my Nan, your thoughts my way have been very much appreciated. I am the oldest grand child in my family (24 g.children & 24 great g.children) and I was asked to do a reading with three other grand children which went ok. As far as funerals go, it went well and to the best of my knowledge all of the family were able to attend.
_______________________________

Finally I am not limping anymore, well not obvious to others, but I am still experiencing discomfort in my l.glute, a little bit in my lower back and of course the l.hip flexor. During the past week or so I have experienced some of the worse muscular pain in my lower back ever for me and the tingling and the shooting pain down my leg have been very disconcerning, but finally it all seems to be starting to settle.

Another physio appointment tomorrow and then a massage to work the back and legs. Of course I am hopeful the hip will continue to improve, especially as the AV Region Finals are on Sat 02 Feb and Western Aths wil have two Open Men's teams competing. A few weeks ago I thought I 'may' have been selected for the Div 3 team in the 800m and/or the 3000m, but right now I'll be happy to be able to run anything, or at least be running and possibly be able to make the State Shield Finals if both teams make it that far... :(
_______________________________

The last few weeks I have been lucky enough to concentrate on my coaching, which has been good as I have been in a position to give those who want a little more attention than I normally can. A few are now experiencing some good PBs, which has been satisfying for me as I changed their normal structure and increased there workload and concentrated of some solid endurance training over the Christmas period. I am hoping that there are a few more just around the corner with State Relays, Little Aths Region & State Champs, State Multi's, Shield Champs & AV Champs still to come.

Also a few in the group for various reasons are now starting to concentrate move on the cooler months and starting to get ready for R4K and the AV Winter Season, sadly I am in that group.

4 comments:

jojo said...

..yes that extra attention has been appreciated :) sorry to hear about your pain..i can definitely sympathise with the shooting pain

Andrew(ajh) said...

I am glad that the pain is subsiding and settling a bit - hopefully for good!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the recovery Stu. I hope 2008 improves for you very quickly.

Ewen said...

Good to hear the pain is settling Stu, and also that your athletes are doing well.

A pity we don't have indoor track down here eh?