Saturday 26 January 2008

Physio appt & massage on Friday evening

A full day at work and then at physio after 5pm, very little pain in my back now (but the physio can still find a spot), he also tells me that my back is tight, but as I have NEVER had any probs I'm not too concerned. Glutes, no pain at all and that was proven during the massage, I still have some constant discomfort in my hip flexor and a 'tingling' sensation in my upper leg, but a vast improvement and I can finally raise my leg so the quad is parallel to the ground with only a little bit of pain. I was even able to jog (very slowly) on the spot for 5-10 sec with no problems. So some manipulation of my back and some massage etc of the hip flexor. Back in a week, still no running, no pool running and minimal stress on that region. But he is happy for me to do pilates and he has said I can jog for periods of 30 sec on Wednesday, so I will miss the final round of the Shield Comp and the Region Final next Sat is probably at 5% possible... :(


After my physio I had a 90 min massage with Narelle, I got some attention to my achilles which felt GREAT according to Narz, except for a 10 cent coin size area on my heel, VERY sore when thumbs get jabbed in there!!! So the heel was iced whilst the massage continued. Glutes very good, even an elbow raised no pain :-) According to Narz, she too doesn't think my back tightness is a concern, she believes that is just me. Both ITBs were given a GOOD work out which caused some sweating and discomfort, but overall Narz said he leg muscles felt good.


Waking this morning, I can feel I am still improving, no ill effects from the massage; my legs felt great except for the heel. Today at Little Aths I was moving around a lot easier, still average on stairs and when I broke into a small trot, I discovered that I was very slow and 5-10m was far enough, so NO running for a few more days.

2 comments:

jojo said...

..i thought you werent supposed to be breaking into a trot yet???

plu said...

Hope the injury fixes up - l know the feeling - also just read abut your Nan - all the best there as well.

Plu