Thursday 10 January 2008

Lerderderg State Park

OMG, my Club mates are trying to kill me (as one of my athletes keeps saying)....

Just before 7:30am myself, Cookie & Ads left Hoppers for Lerderderg SP near Bacchus Marsh for 70-80 minutes of running (but we suspected walking would be included). With Cookie as our 'travel director' we knew we were in for a good experience, lots of good views, a good course but tough!!!

I hope in the next day or so I can organise to download the data from my Garmin, but my PC may put a stop to that as I would like to see the elevation graph. Where we parked the car it was 320m and after 2.5km we were at 510m and I had already walked and was wondering WTF had I got myself in for, but I soon discovered that the remainder of the run was not as hard (yer right....). The next few km we ran between 440-480m but my legs were already asking WTF have you done!! ;)

I took some really nice shots on my phone today whilst running and I will download in the next day or two (when it cools down and I have the patience to sit next to the cptr) and post here. With running & some walking up the hills for fitness & achilles reasons (more fitness & self preservation) I past the 10k mark in 57:20, OMG, how slow is that!!!

We continued on and seen some great sights and some nice big hills, I of course struggled but survived the run of 13.65km in just over 84 min, how slow is that??? For me there was a fair bit of walking but that is all included, Cookie walked a little and Ads (the Machine, ran the entire time, even back tracking to see how the common persons run... :) )

I (40) wore my Garmin and provided those stats, both Ads (33) & Cookie (45) wore HRM. Normally my HR is a little higher than Cookies, interestingly his highes today was 190 and his average was 156, Adam was very impressive, highest 162 and averaged 136bpm, WOW, this track was waaaaaay too hard for that low of an average HR, but he is looking fit and his prep for the Boston Marathon is going along really well!

Rapt to have run a brand new course today and we have decided it will be a great course to introduce to other open age runners within our Club and even though I struggled BIG time, I will go back for another 'bashing'.

4 comments:

jojo said...

ummm..without sounding harsh.,... nice to see someone make you feel how i felt last time at the you yangs...lol
..good greif it musta been hilly for YOU to be going..WTF ..ummmm wtf does stand for when's the finish yeah??????

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great area to run Stu. I'll have to get some thorough directions from you. Would be a nice change from the You Yangs.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun .. maybe some o us 'eastside' people should join you one day for a scenic run.

And by the way, your blogs are starting to 'sound' like another persons .... Hi jojo :-)

Take care mate

EatEm

Ewen said...

Looking forward to the photos Stu - it sounds like a great run. Hey, that's not slow! That's my normal pace for 'flat' runs around here.

Adam's AHR should be low if he was waiting around for you guys to catch up ;)