Wednesday 30 January 2008

A run....kind of :-(

Wednesday night's is Little Aths General Training starting at 5:30pm, normally I have a bunch of 20ish kids and with some coaching assistance we generally have 4 activities for training. Tonight we had over 40 kids (wow)...Region Champs in 3 weeks has raised the awareness in the U9-12 groups.

I arrived at the track just before 5pm, a quick chat with Burkie and off I went for my 30 sec on/off on the track...hmmm I started and thought to myself wow this doesn't feel as easy as I want, my watch alarms so I start walking for 30 seconds, then another beep and I run again. After one lap I thought I would start to feel more comfortable but that wasn't the case, I wasn't experiencing pain, just a little discomfort, but overall my left leg felt like a lead weight and just would not move as quick as required or drive powerfully!

All up 1600m when I decided that was enough!

7:30pm I did my first pilates session for a year, a good session, lots of hip & hamstrings as well as the core. A few exercises felt ... strange ... but no pain so all was good.

No comments: