Thursday 3 January 2008

At this rate I'll run way more than 3500km in 2008

Yes I know I won't do that many kms, but it shows that it is easy to rack up a few kms, especially when the weather is so good and work isn't getting in the way.

Yesterday afternoon I organised my evening's activities and had arranged my run fairly early (too organised sometimes). About 5ish I received a text from Cookie asking if I wanted to run the Werribee Gorge, I suspect it very HILLY and will do sometime next week! Cookie has become the 'hiking guide' within the Club, he was the one who introduce us to LOTS of differing trails throughout the You Yangs and we have been talking about the Gorge for a few months.

Today I ran approx 12-13km, as my plan is to just try and rebuild from my enforced time off and I want to build the k's with minimal stress I stuck to the plan for the first 50 minutes sitting around 5-5:15ish pace. I decided today would stick in a quickish 10 minutes to finish the day off, probably 4:20ish pace.

Another great morning to run, no wind, lots of sun and not too hot. I'm going to visit a mate who lives in Warnambool and he has a few days off, so a 2h 30m drive tmrw morning and then myself David & one of his mates are going for a 8-10km run, Sat off and then a fun run on Sunday. No BIG plans to really race 10k, but I solid hit out would probably be a better option. Firstly not overly fit for any distance and 10k could be very untidy.
_______________________________

As per normal after blogging (if I have time) I check other blogs, as per normal, Em's was one of those, within her blog she mentioned that she was in the middle of shortlisting for the Triple J Hottest 100 as a BIG fan of the J's I thought I better have my say. As we all know without a lot of investigating YOU will miss some of your favorites, so I use the method of grabbing my 2008 CDs and support those artists.

Silverchair - All Across The World
Silverchair - Straight Lines
Clare Bowditch & The Feeding Set - I Love The Way You Talk
Clare Bowditch & The Feeding Set - You Looked So Good
John Butler Trio - Better Than
Panics, The - Don't Fight It
Radiohead - Bodysnatchers
Regina Spektor - Samson
Regurgitator - Blood And Spunk
Urthboy - We Get Around

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am voting for the 'gurge as well, definite sentimental favourite there.

Now I just have to narrow 31 down to 9 more....

jojo said...

good effort on getting so many kms in the legs

Barrier Boy said...

Stu,

Good luck in the Surf 2 Surf. A couple of nice hills in this one mate, especially at the start to get the legs pumping. At least you can run back down it to the finish!!

Cheers

AW

Andrew(ajh) said...

We're going to be in Warrnambool for a few days in Feb, so if you find any particularly nice running spots you'll have to let me know.

Anonymous said...

some nice hills in w'bool, just spent a week down there myself.it's a tough
little 10km.

Vicki said...

Happy New Year Stu.

Finally made it out - went street orienteering near home at coolrunner Louise's sugggestion - powerwalking for me -Louise ran of course :-)

Well its a start anyway.

Hey, Louise is just up the road from you (workwise, down the road from me now) at the Nortel building. We should all get together for a coffee sometime.

Ewen said...

The build-up seems to be going well Stu.

Looks like they don't play Ricki-Lee on the Js.

Have fun in the fun run :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, nooo, I hate "Straight Lines" - sorry

See, I do comment sometimes ;-)