Thursday 31 January 2008

Some more pretend running

I started work at 6:30am so I could go for another 30 sec on/off run at lunchtime. On the Tan just after 12pm, I ran/walked 1km from Govt Dve and then returned, so all up 2km, 30 sec running and 30 sec walking. Basically it felt the same as yesterday, not easy, but no pain, just weird & heavy on the left side!!!

I was very happy when I woke this morning as I had no pain or problems as a result of my first run back or the pilates, so at least something has gone my way.


Tonight I had to stay at work until 5:15ish and didn't arrive at the track until after 5:45pm, but I had contacted all of my group and confirmed their session, most easy; the Pierre & Scott 8x200 in 33-5 sec with walking recoveries. Michelle, some block work, some hurdles drills & 8 runs over the steeple and then 2x120m and Clare 10x200 with floats. I also had two juniors who ran 4 laps, then some short fast strides and then 45 min with the throws coach preparing them for the State Multi's. Next week I have a new 14 year old girl that has asked to join my group, Melissa, she is doing TJ, HJ, 400m & 800m at Regionals. She lives very close to me and we have been chatting over the past month and now has decided she would like to join the group officially. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like your on the way back,
the coaching seems to keep you very busy thats a lot of people to look after. good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Stu I'm really glad to hear that things are getting better.

Ewen said...

At least that's some running Stu. Could be still some weakness there.

Maybe you can coax Melissa towards the 4/8... coaching jumpers is hard work ;)

jojo said...

..the running will get back.. i had to start back very very slowly for my rehab