Wednesday 27 September 2006

Wed 27 Sep 06, Corporate Cup & an evening run

16km today and 29km for the week so far.

Corporate Cup race, 12:25pm, windy but the temperature was nice and enjoyable. Took off with the MMM group and others who look to take off with a fast group.

Splits:
3.50
3.55
3.50
2.56 (final 840m)

This was three seconds off my PB and if you look at my training times and then compare the times from the Tan I would hope to be able to race this faster, but of course there is a rise for the final 150m of the first km and the first 450m of the second km, but still I want to be able to run 14:20ish now. Training last night would have taken something out of the legs and the wind today, but...


Arrived at home right on 6:30pm got changed and made my way out the door and run just over 10km on the local roads, after a long day at work (arrived 7:15) it was good to clear the head a bit. Medium paced and nothing to get excited over, just rolling the legs and ticking the day off my calender.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Stu, this comment is about your post from the 21st. I've been pretty caught up in "life stuff" of my own lately and only just read it.

I hope it helped you to put that out there - it takes courage thats for sure. We've all made mistakes and no doubt will continue to do so - its learning from them thats the important thing...

Major life decisions are always hard, even more so when there are kids involved. You obviously did what you felt you had to at the time. One day they will grow up and judge you on what they see themselves at the time, not what happened in the past or what someone else tells them.

Thankfully children are extremely resilient, far more so than adults and they can adapt to almost any situation in time.

Keep your chin up. MAR.

Ewen said...

That's good Stu. I'm sure you can kick your training along from here.

Make the most of every session.