Thursday 14 September 2006

Thu 14 Sep 06, short track session

6km today and 46km for the week so far.

Short work tonight, 5x400 @ 75 sec per rep with 75 sec recovery, a group of 4. I head wind on the back straight which meant a tail wind for the final 100m which was required. Not a big fan of the 4's, but I suppose if I want to run some fast 8's & 15's I better get use to it very quickly.

Reps (all recoveries were between 74-77sec):
74.7
74.7
74.7
75.1
75.8

Very consistent for the first 4 and then a 1 sec blow out, which is fine! Tan Relays on Saturday morning, the Western A men's teams are looking good. We have 3 open teams with me just scrapping into the Div 6 team, but I would not be surprised to see 2 or 3 of the Div 7 team beat me, we have a group of 4/5 who are very close together and probably what they have done on the day before will probably seperate us. But overall we all will be barracking for the Div 4 team, if they can finish in the top 3 we are confirmed to remain 2nd, which will mean promotion to Div 3!!! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a short session, Stu Mac! I did 8x400 yesterday....but I'm not telling how long each rep. was!