Friday 29 September 2006

Fri 29 Sep 06, Riverbend Park

17.25km today and 53km for the week so far.

I was meeting a friend, Clare, at Riverbend this morning for a run, a bit motivation for her and a good way just to catch up with what each other have been upto lately. I decided I would run from home, but not knowing how far it was exactly I gave myself 30 minutes to get there. Leaving home at 6:45am it was just under seven degrees, so I wore my Skins top and singlet, shorts and my Garmin, but it was a beautiful morning, all blue sky and little to no wind.

Arriving at the car park I discovered it was only 4.7km (with a slight detour) so instead of sitting and waiting I kept running until Clare arrived, all up 7.3km at an average of 12.5kph. We took off and made sure we stuck to the areas with no paving around the Werribee River, chatting, averaging 9.5kph for 5.8km. I then ran home averaging 13kph.

A nice way to start a day off from work. Today I had some errands to run and then I was going to Julie's place to help clean up the yard and BBQ etc for Kaelan's Christening this Sunday. With the BBQ cleaned & gas bottle filled and ready to go (first time it has been used since I left) and then I got convinced to help with some weeding and planting and laying mulch, five hours later, but of course I got to spend some time with my three little boys.

Plans for tomorrow is to run the 5km Hobo Handicap at Williamstown, aiming 19ish, will see how the legs pull up after a few hours of gardening. Then watch the Swans hopefully win the 2006 AFL Premiership and then a 40th birthday party, Adrian (a Western A' & a CR) and then Christening on Sunday morning, let's hope I look and feel healthy.... :-)

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Wow busy weekend!!!

Have a great one!

Jaykay said...

Sounds like a big weekend Stu!

Better keep that Berocca handy.

Spark Driver said...

A big weekend. Sounds like you need the three days just to fit it all in.