Tuesday 26 September 2006

Tue 26 Sep 06, track session

13km today and for the week so far.

First run since Thu night, no wonder the session seemed easy, I should have run yesterday arvo but I was so pissed off that I just wasn't in the mood and in hindsight I wished that I did. Before I start today's post I want to thank the very heart felt PMs & emails from a lot of people regarding last Thursday's post it means a lot and I thank you for caring & sharing your experiences with me, it means so much.


Arriving at the track just after 5pm and running approx 3k on grass with Dave S and then stretching and chatting regarding tonight's session. With Burkie away he left we with some choices and suggestions as well with some instructions for some of the 'younger' brigade how to involve them into my set of reps. Tonight a couple from another squad joined in, Darren & Missy (only 1k, sore back) and myself & Dave S, with a couple of younger kids jumping in to use us to block the wind whilst they were doing 600s & 400s. Tonight's instructions were 8k's worth with 90 sec recovery, so we decided on 4x1k & 5x800m.

The wind was present, but the sky was beautiful, 18 degrees and brilliant blue, so enjoyable to start & finish in daylight and not having to rely on the track lights.

Splits (all recovery were 90):
3.56 (chatting & concentrating on nice & even)
3.54 (still chatting)
3.50 (concentrated on holding pace into wind)
3.50 (Dave skipped)
3.04 (too slow)
3.02 (the plan was to slowly increase now)
3.01 (holding pace easily)
2.56 (Dave skipped)
2.42 (Darren & I kicked away, Dave right on 3.00)

Even with the wind tonight this was an easy session, probably due to me being fresh, the recoveries were easy to handle. Watched Luke complete 8x1k @ 3:15/6 with 40sec recovery, now that would hurt...

Finished the session with a 300m walk on the grass and then a 3 lap cool down around lane 8 and on the grass dodging the hurdlers and sprinters.

Corporate Cup tomorrow at lunchtime and I'll probably go for a run in and around the city after work, maybe Albert Park or maybe the Werribee River, will see, anyone looking for a run tmw??

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Great workout Stu - 9km is a solid session on the track. And to finish feeling fresh is a good thing...thank Luke must be superman?