Monday 18 September 2006

Mon 18 Sep 06, lunchtime run

12km today and for the week so far.

No Sunday run, very tired from the previous nights activities and then got to spend 2 hours with Connor, Declan & Kaelan after their 10 day holiday in Qld and then I got the 'could not be bothered' syndrome.

For probably many reasons my legs felt quite heavy today. I ran from work to the 'Pillars' and met up with the MMM, we decided as a group we would run up to MacRobertson bridge and back. Today I wore my Garmin, all up the run was 11.5km, a little bit windy and nice temp, probably 21 degrees but the sun was hidden...


Last night Buster Mottram 'smashed' the Australian 3000m record and won the World Cup event for a second time all with a smile.

1 OCE Mottram Craig AUS 7:32.19 (CR)
2 AFR Bekele Kenenisa ETH 7:36.25
3 FRA Maazouzi Driss FRA 7:47.80 (SB)

2 comments:

Em said...

Thanks for the comment, never fear, I shall be cautious. The legs just wanted to move today, I had no control over them :-)

Clairie said...

Buster is the best isn't he?

Hope your kids like their trip to QLD.

I don't know how you do those lunchtime runs - Tess and I are going to start them in summer for secret heat training but you guys who do it all the time are just legends!