Sunday 24 September 2006

Sun 22 Sep 06, another day of no running

0km today and for the week so far.

One of the running forums that I frequent is Runner's World and one of the threads that I read is the 'week that was', a summary of people's training week and I thought some of those thoughts would suit my blog today as I did not run for a third day, but seriously I couldn't care less for many reasons and there good ones.

A had a light week, only 46kms, but in the big picture it is time for a bit of a rest at the moment. I have basically been racing & training regulary since Jan preparing for the Vic & National Masters Champs in Apr and then straight into the AV Winter Series. So really for the next few weeks its all about just allowing the legs to roll over when and how I feel.

Sun: No run, recovering from a party and a longggg night out
Mon: 12k medium paced run on flat ground
Tue: very windy, a bunch of 300m reps, good pace
Wed: 14-15km v.easy pace
Thu: best session for the week, 8k of reps in various distances, very consistent.
Fri: recovering from after training drinks & then enjoying a GREAT Swans win & supporting my team into another grand final. 32 years as a member, I deserve 2 in a row!!!
Sat & Sun: visiting children and the legs will enjoy a few days away

Next week will probably be similar, next Sat will be GF stuff and then a 40th party in the evening and then a Christening on Sunday for Kaelan.

Sometimes you need pull back a bit. Today I enjoyed & spent some time at the pool with Connor & Declan, playing on a big floating obstacle.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck on the weekend for the Swannies Stu!

I enjoy reading your blog and thoughts, and helps me to get you know youa little better. I understand it can be difficult to know how much and what to post, but if it helps you to analyse and deal with things it must be a good thing.

Unknown said...

I especially like the bit about play on a big floating obstacle with the boys, StuMac..... but who was it??

Crissyjt said...

Good to hear you're taking things a little easier.
Sometimes the pressure we put on ourselves is kept too hidden. Especially when you go flat out all the time.
So i hope it's not only your legs that enjoy the rest.
x

Ewen said...

Having a quiet time every now and then is good for the soul and future enthusiasm Stu.

Go South Melbourne!

Jaykay said...

Now there's a thought....you on a big floaty obstacle!!