Monday 11 September 2006

Mon 11 Sep 06, lunchtime run

8km today and 17km for the week so far.

A beautiful day here in Melbourne, expected top temperature of 18. Perfect blue skys at 12:30pm today in the city. I ran from work to the 'Pillars' and stretched a little whilst waiting for the MMM group to go for their lunchtime run. Just after 12:40 a group of 12 runners made their way through the Botanical Gardens and kept running until getting to Fawkner Park, from here we ran a lap on the grass in an anticlockwise direction and then back onto the Tan, finishing at the 'Pillars'. A quick drink of water and I then ran back to work.

The run is probably further than 8k as the overall run took mid 38 min and we were moving along at a nice pace, but approx is good enough. Once back at work I did my normal 50 sit ups, stretched the basic leg groups and then 50 crunches.

And if you are wondering why so many hyperlinks tonight, well I got pissed off as I still cannot get blogger to post my pictures from the Half Marathon.

3 comments:

Spark Driver said...

What a fantastic day in Melbourne today! Great running weather.

Crissyjt said...

I'm glad i am not the only one with troubles posting pics.
As for my 14 days not running.... I think you mean 12! I finally put the shoes on today.
Gotta love that sunshine.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Why not consider another blogging service. Doesn't hurt to have a look around. For starters here's one.

http://wordpress.com/

I believe with WordPress you can import your Blogger.com blog.

Just a suggestion. There are many more alternatives available (free and not so free)