Friday 1 September 2006

Fri 01 Sep 06, run to Richmond & back

9km today and 59km for the week.

I ran into Richmond via the MCG grounds, needed to book a cafe for breakfast for Western A's for post HM celebrations. An easy paced 43 minute run, nice day, about 19 degrees, but windy. That's it before the HM on Sunday at Burnely, I'm hoping I'm ready to run sub 90 min again, but the past 4-6 weeks haven't been the best for me and my training has been a little spasmodic and so has my diet etc etc. BUT if I f. it up then I only have myself to blame, but I am secretly thinking I am fine and I am just over reacting. I'll find out on Sunday about 9:30ish, hoping for 89ish, 4:13-15 pace is the aim, esp for the first 15k.



The picture above is the Western A's team running in the State Half Marathon Championships. Left to right. Stu, Adam, Luke, Gary, Darren, Dave T, Adrian, Cam, Belinda & Tegan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you run well on Sunday. Who knows, you might even get 88:30ish

Em said...

I am sure with your fitness you'll do well regardless of the last 6 weeks. Have a great run and a yum breakfast afterwards.

Ewen said...

I hope the half went well Stu.

I like your goals for the track season. With your speed I can see you running closer to 2:10 than 2:15.