Wednesday 9 August 2006

Wed 09 Aug 06, an easy run & gym session

10km today and 39km for the week so far, 6 runs/9 days this month

Today I included my run whilst running an errand for a friend. One of the girls from my aths club wanted to get her watch fixed at a place in St Kilda Rd, but she works in Melton so I happily dropped it off and then made my way across the road to Fawkner Park. It was starting to cool down and the wind was picking up terribly. After running up St Kilda Rd, across Kings Way I ran 2 laps of Fawkner Park and then crossed over to the Tan and ran from the top of Anderson St and completed the Tan in an anticlockwise direction, they I continued on along St Kilda Rd until nearing 50 minutes before turning around so I could finish near work on 50 minutes.

Overall I probably ran over 10km but approximate is good enough. The final 15 minutes was in awful conditions, the wind and rain was very cold and the rain was horizontal. A warm shower was most appreciated.


After finishing work at 5ish I went to the gym and did 20 minutes of free weights and then 20 minutes of core work and a final 10 minutes of stretching.

No comments: