Tuesday 29 August 2006

Tue 29 Aug 06, a light & easy track session

9km today and 25km for the week so far.

Warm up around the complex x 3 laps and then some basic stretching. Burkie's plan was an easy/light night 4-5k's worth of reps. With three out of five of the group tonight are running the HM on the weekend, I suggested 5x1km reps with the first at 4:15 pace to replicate the first km of Sunday's race and then return to four 1k reps at 3:50 with a 2 min recovery.

Splits:
4:27 (too slow for the first 200m by 9 sec)
3:51
3:59 (too much talking, not concentrating)
3:48
3:47

Very comfortable session, finished with some stretches & slow laps of the track.

4 comments:

Crissyjt said...

As i am a very attentive person... are you one of the three racing in the Half?

Em said...

Sorry, you can run a 3:59 K AND STILL TALK :-)

I ran a 4:05 all out at a time trial recently and I won't repeat what I said afterwards ;-) and there was certainly no chat during!

Anonymous said...

This bloke can talk under water!!!! I was just running behind listening.

Jaykay said...

Stu, regarding the temperature, just remember that we live out in the boonies and it is at least 5 degrees colder out here!!

And yes, I do have hair underneath my cap!