Monday 7 August 2006

Mon 07 Aug 06, no running today

0km today and 16km for the week so far, 4 runs/7 days this month

I decided I wouldn't run today, I think the race and then backing up at the You Yangs took more out of me than I thought would have been so. Today I could feel that both of my quads were very tired, my left ITB up high in the hip region was tight, the patella tendon in my right knee was a tad sore and I could feel a spot on my left shin. Overall it sounds like I am falling apart but I suspect not, just a little bit of maintenance required, a massage, lots more stretching and time to replace some of my shoes. I am going to trail a pair of Reebok Premier Lites that I have discovered I can get on the cheap, so that will be the first new shoe, these will replace my very dead DS Trainers and take some of the strain off my Zoom Elites and then in a fortnight I will find a cheap pair of Kayano.

So today no run and no gym due to work restraints and not getting home until just before 7pm allowed enough time to have dinner, do the dishes and then off to a Little A's meeting and then bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, if you were a horse ....?

I thought you were going to say, "time to replace some of my legs".

Rest is good.