Thursday 3 August 2006

Thu 03 Aug 06, rest, not feeling the best

0km today and 49km for the week so far, 2 runs/3 days this month

Last night I slept for over 10 hours straight and for anyone who knows me would be very aware this is not normal for me. I didn't eat much last night and this morning I struggled through my cerial.

Most of the morning at work I was feeling a little off, but nothing to bad until 10ish when I started to feel a bit of nauseau, struggled on for a few hours trying to finish off a few jobs. Just before 12pm I was getting the hot sweats and the cold shivers, a quick visit to the bathroom and emptied what little was in the stomach and then left and made my way home.

On the couch by 12:45 and slept for 90 minutes, watched a movie and then slept for another 60 min or so. Very lacking in energy and of course I did not train tonight. I will try and eat a little bit but a quiet night at home and maybe another day off tomorrow, will wait and see.

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Gee, doesn't sound good. Glad to hear you are taking it easy though.

Hope its just one of those so-called 24 hour bugs and you are right as rain tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

It might be just one of those 1 or 2 day things. If so you're weekend should be ok.

At the end of the day it just happens to be your number and there's nothing you can do about it. Maybe next week or two it could be me, hope not.

Anonymous said...

hey stu, sounds like you have caught a bug, take it easy.
i'm injured at the moment so no cross country for me this weekend, hope to be right by burnley.

Spark Driver said...

Get yourself plenty of rest and sleep. I reckon your body will heal itself in no time.

Clarkey said...

No wonder I got no reply when e-mailing late Thurs. Glad to hear you were at home resting though!!
And - yep J was the pace leader Fri morning, between him and TB, there is little chance of slow and steady.....