Wednesday 2 August 2006

Wed 02 Aug 06, an easy paced run in Hoppers

9km today and 49km for the week so far, 2 runs/2 days this month

Even with very little sleep overnight I still woke early and made my way into the city and did a 45 minute session in the gym. All light weights and introducing a few others into my set, now doing 2 different sets of 8 exercises x 3 reps with only a break in between each set (30 sec), not sure if it makes sense, but it does to me. Then I did 15 minute of core work broken up with groups of 15 push ups.

Today I had to finish a Records Management Sentencing Workshop which required me completing some open book testing etc which I found extremely easy and finished at lunch, so I was able to use the remainder of the day to do more testing or finish for the day, of course I finished early! I have been 'bullyied' into doing this training as it has been discovered that I have Cert IV in Assessment and Workplace Training and they want me to complete the entire suite of courses so I can be utilised as an Trainer/Instructor, not very happy about this decision, whilst enjoy teaching/instructing. Whilst I do enjoy teaching, I am not keen on teaching applications or courses that no-one really wants to be on.

Anyway back to running, once home I had a chat online and then made my way out on the roads for 40 minutes as agreed with Burkie, roll the legs over and try to freshen a little for this weekends race cross country over 8km at Ballarat Uni. A non eventual run wearing a T and shorts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At least enjoy the weekend run, StuMac. Should be nice & cold in Ballarat!!

Spark Driver said...

Thanks for posting on my Blog. The kilometres are sure building up while marathon training.

I'm waiting patiently for my workplace to provide me with Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training. Hopefully won't be long now.