Friday 11 August 2006

Fri 11 Aug 06, an easy morning run in Hoppers

9km today and 54km for the week.

I woke up early today and decided to run from home instead of the city, out the door at 5:40ish and did an easy 9k in the dark. I wore tights, tech T, cap & flashing red lights on my arm that was on the road side.

I didn't get into this morning's run at all, my mind was very busy and the entire time all I could think about was how cold & dark it was and personal matters on my mind. To be honest the entire run all seemed a waste of time that could have been better spent doing something else, but a tick in the box and a handful of slow kms in the book.


With two of my boys coming around tomorrow morning for soccer acadamey and then off to the Swans V Melb, our first AFL game for the season, I hope the typical idiots in the crowd are better than other games I have been too in the past couple of years. It constantly amazes me the inability for some people to see the game being played and not just their own precious team. So no run on Sat or Sunday morning, I may get one in on Sunday evening, will wait & see.



Well we went to the game, Swans won by 32 points and we had a good time. Even though the game was in Melbourne, the crowd was very much Swans orientated, probably 65% of the 43,000 were supporting the red & the white (Onwards to Victory). But generally the Melbourne fans are well behaved, but to be honest there were no Demon supporters within 20 metres of me. The picture was taken 10 min before the start on my phone.

3 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Yeah, but it's better to be out running with those matters on your mind than stuck at home.

Have a great weekend Stu :-)

Em said...

Yeah, I haven't been to the football this year - why would I, I support Carlton :-(

But the way the crowd behaves sometimes, makes me feel for anyone wanting to take their kids along, it can be appalling sometimes. Hope the crowd behaves and you have a great one with your boys. I have the best memories of going to football at Waverly Park with my Dad.

That was an early run, sorry it was a bit blah. Enjoy your weekend.

Spark Driver said...

Atleast you got out for a run. Would have felt pretty good for that after you got home I bet.